Friday, December 21, 2007

It is time to do my first tag. It is a writing meme tag from Priya. She had tagged me some time back and I just could not get myself to complete it. Well better late than never :)

I started this blog a year back and I was clueless as to what I should be writing here. It was more of just having a blog than with any specific purpose (intent). I used to write on current affairs and delete them after sometime (Don’t ask me why). I started writing regularly when I was in Hong Kong more to ensure I avoid spending the phenomenal time in front of television. As it is, I was (am) an agoraphobiac and there was this huge danger of me succumbing to this even further. Not that blogging has helped in getting over that (this) tendency but it has certainly helped in not assuming a gargantuan proportion and at the same time adding some diversity in otherwise same routines and surroundings.

Thus to cut a long story short active blogging started more as a means of distraction (digression or diversion) and (not to forget) the constant bickering of my university friend Triparna who nagged me to death as to why don’t I start writing poetry again (I used to be an active member of my school/college/university literary clubs (those days were different when one had so much time on hand, sighs!)). So the first poetry that’s there on this blog is something that I had written in my high school. All others are daily nonsense :)

Well over the period I found some direction and this blog turned more of a poetry blog as I regained my passion to scribble again.

I have got no structural knowledge of poetry and hence feel most of my work is nonsensical but then I enjoy jotting down these daily nonsense that make me think beyond the ordinary. It has become such a destresser and at the same time such a passion. Thank you all for bearing my nonsensical scribblings with me.

Now we come to the most important part. Five reasons to write:

  1. the passion to communicate the desires, dreams, perspectives and opinions;
  1. trying to be innovative and creative and find a route away from the mundane and monotonous;
  1. an exercise to look beyond something that is common placed;
  1. an attempt to say too many things with too little to spare; and
  1. most importantly you guys who have been my constant inspiration. thank you all for motivating and inspiring me to write.

Now someone needs to be tagged and I will let it pass. There are very few people that I know in this blog world and I am not sure that they will pick up this tag. If anyone who reads this wants to share their reasons to write please feel free to take up this tag and just let me know.

13 comments:

Priya said...

U did a good job and I know a tag in poetry sometimes doesn't go well unless u write as poems. Since others passed it on, I did.

Interesting read Alok.

Admin said...

great meme!

Alok said...

Pria: I had to do it ... thnks tht u found it interesting

---------------------------------------

Vesper: Welcome and thank u

---------------------------------------

I am posting two of my poems very early ... sorry for tht


Alok

gP said...

excellent meme bro.

what feeds you if not the morning sun, of the day tomorrow. That feeds you to live another night, then wait for the next morning sun. what feeds you to live is the results we see from you. pen on paper, words to the next sun.

annie said...

Refreshing change to read paras n paras from u :) try write more stuff other than poetry..wud b great too.

kalai said...

nice post... What to say??? i always had a softcorner for u friend.. dis post increased my affection on u... i hate ur friend (sorry) dont feel 4 anything... v r always here 4 u... b happy always...

Jeevan said...

glad i met you here, reading some brilliant poems of you. Hugsss...

Janice Thomson said...

A great meme Alok - it's been a pleasure to know you and your work.

Anonymous said...

Siva [Ghost Particle]: I am floored reading ur comment ... absolutely floored .. I read it over and over again ... thank u so much

----------------------------------------

Annie: writing passages or prose takes a lot of time ... honestly at this point of time I cant afford or invest the time that it desires ... but I will try and write bits and pieces here and there and see how it goes ...

-------------------------------------------

Kalai: The affection is mutual ... I like to see u so much on my page ... thanks for being there ... but if u can clear the confusion as to why do u hate my sweet friend ... she was only trying to help and wasnt being difficult .... but what u wrote showed ur genuine and sincere concern .... thank u so much

-------------------------------------

Jeevan: Mate the pleasure is mine ... I have been able to meet such a genuine person like u ... I treasure our rendezvous ... Huggzzz back to u ... thank u

--------------------------------------

Janice: the pleasure is all mine .... u don't know what it it means for me to be knowing u, ur work, ur art and ur perspectives ... I treasure ur visits .... the pleasure is truly mine ... thank u my friend ....


Alok

annie said...

work keep u super busy eh

Alok said...

Annie: this is the fourth time I posting this comment ... the comment simply vanishes once I come to the main page ... I hope it gets posted this time .. blogger is driving me nuts now ... Wrok do keep me busy and all I am trying to do is balance life :)


Alok

kalai said...

iam sorry Alok... i thought she hurted u... iam sorry... take care...

Alok said...

Kalai ... sweet Kalai ... it is absolutely okie ... no issues .. i totally understand ... as I said I was touched by ur concern



Alok