Friday, July 13, 2007

The freaking 13 ........

Call it superstition, disbelief (or rather strong belief) ludicrous thinking or anything…… but the number 13 freaks me out ……. Am I scared of demons, hell no! but I am scared of the number 13 … everything around the number is inauspicious to me …. spells omen and black magic at the back of my empty brain and brings ill-luck where there exists none … And most of the times all things that go wrong seems to go wrong only when I am around 13 ….

As much as I try to run away from the number it seems to come back and haunt me. And more often than not I put the blame squarely on 13 … the only real, unsympathetic and destructive enemy that I have ….. Today was another 13 in my life. All 13s are generally bad but today it was damn pathetic …

Umpteen mistakes on the presentation that I was working on ….. silly, ridiculous and I as much as I kept rectifying them, it seemed never to cease .. every time I took a print out (so called final print) and checked it (for the final time) and there I go …. Why didn’t I see it the last time was all I could think off …

Mama (my mom) got sick out of the blue and countless call back home didn’t seem to bring her colours black … Was it becoz 13 is black … Nah! people fall sick all the time … yes true but out of blue? I think it is a conspiracy …. a cursed controversy against me and I am simply not able to reverse it …..

Well the movie that I planned got cancelled … the customary Friday drink got cancelled ….. was sitting late in office (can u believe it, late in office on a Friday evening) and the day overall was generally bad …… co-incidentally now I remember I even wore a black shirt to work today ….

I can’t seem to avoid the number …. everytime I look at the watch it’s the 13th minute …. I log on to my comp and eureka it is the 13th minute ….. I get out of my house and bingo it is the 13th minute and as I come back for a peaceful nice little Friday night, I enter the house on the 13th minute ……

Will it ever stop stalking me …… or will I live to see 14 jump out of 12

7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

HEHEHE I hate that numbr too:P

Alok said...

hey Kaylee ... hoowz u .... I know someone who is born on 13th and he thinks of the day as unlucky(lol)... so celebrates his birthday on 14th every year

KAYLEE said...

haha Thats Good! I am great how are you?

Alok said...

i m good Kaylee .. thanx

Anonymous said...

hehe okay.

KAYLEE said...

ME BRAVE? hehe

Alok said...

yeah Kaylee ... u r brave and u know u r ....