Monday, July 30, 2007

Besotted still ....

The silence of mahogany bothers me some time
unnecessarily, not but for reasons undefined
my eyes open wide for your surreptitious glance
as my candle burns all night long ........

The echoing cricket, sings your tune
in staccato muteness I listen, endued
your pretentious hide behind curtains white
as my candle burns all in sight ........

The taste of past, not sour any more
watered the tears, for gardens that grew
your frisking laughter still cast their spells
as my candle burns through the morning bells .......

You walked past me in carousal stupor
your scent smelt of rain, beautiful uproar
come back and let me proclaim, for one last time
as my candle burns all that is thine .......

18 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

This is so beautiful... Wonderful.

Please may I add you to my links?

Thank you for reading my story...

My best wishes to you.

Annie

Anonymous said...

A beautiful past never forgotten. Isn't it Alok:))

Splendid..

laughingwolf said...

hey bro, don't get any melted wax on you, it could leave more than a lasting impression...

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL PIECE and I am much better today.will post later.

Anonymous said...

oops it posted my last comment as anonymous

Keshi said...

Stellar writing!

Keshi.

Nimmy said...

simply amazing verses! period! :)
nimmy

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

you have a beautiful way with words!

Anonymous said...

"The taste of past, not sour any more
watered the tears, for gardens that grew"

I see optimism here. Like the poem for its flowness.

Thanks for your visit to me blog. Glad I found your blog thus. Do drop by any tme.

I know will come here.

gulnaz said...

stumped for words!!!

delhidreams said...

hmmmm
see, this other alok is special :)
like the one on the other side of keyboard right now ;)
well, good words i would say, layers are there, but one can peer through those...and by coincidence, we both have our last post as a 'search'
take care

aria said...

Wonderful .. really wonderful .. I can't think of a better word .. I can read it again n again..

The Wandering Hermit said...

I quoted this couplet from MEER on Arias post some time ago, but it fits here too..)

A simmering fire burns our heart away;
We sink and my heart in death of agony lies;
As with dawn the taper of the lamp
Laps up the last drop of oil and dies.

cheers
z

KAYLEE said...

HOW ARE YOU?

KAYLEE said...

wanna talk:)

Alok said...

Thank you to all of you ... means a lot to me ......

take care

alok

Janice Thomson said...

Beautiful and haunting memories Alok.
Love the line: 'The taste of past, not sour any more', we move on despite our memories.

Alok said...

Janice thanx so much ....

alok