Monday, November 19, 2007

The veil of caresses never seem to leave
the semantic of our relationship over unwritten
unsaid, unheard and unspoken language.

…..

Left with a distance that never seemingly mattered -
on this other side of the world, - I wish a little
just a little, ..... after a long lost time
for another life, ... mirrored with you.

I remember those escapades willingly and wanting to
on those benches where questions were answered
with unanswerable questions …..and yet no complaints
ever followed the understanding that preceded every context.

On that night all along, when you were beside me,
basking in the light of that unsung crescent moon;
your soft touches and playful quibble
arrested my senses … devoid of percepts.

……

Boorish bacchanalia tortures my heart
and erotic exorcism fails to soothe my soul
entwined in conjured spirit of your spells
I am bewitched, all my way to the hell;

Splatter of blood all across the veins,
running tumultuous in frantic frenzied rain
as fire lights the sky and burns the moon dead
I cry foul over thy larceny, to dead ends;

......

Languid lethargic winds -
show some respect,
when thunder strikes within -
how can you be so suppressed,
banished chimera -- rise
I command you to rise -
she surely will take me seriously
once she sees thy ...


.......

If I wished for another life
amidst these gibes of lonely pillows
and neatly tucked bed sheet
it wouldn’t be for anything ---
for anything without you.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Romantic with so much depth of love...

Well written Alok.

Movie Mazaa said...

Somehow u sound so smitten by love!!
:)

Alok said...

Pria: Thank you for ur words ...

------------------------------------

MM: did u feel that ... I mean (though it is a work of fiction) I was trying to depict the longing of man separated from his beloved by distance and desperately seeking her love .... he remembers the past fondly ... is so full of passion to get back his love in the present and then just a little despondent wishing for a life (in future) with her (though he is not sure) .....

May be next time ... I will try and work harder next time



Alok

laughingwolf said...

hey bud, stick with her for as long as you can :)

kalai said...

"your soft touches and playful quibble
arrested my senses"

wow, wat a feel?

Its very difficult to accept that its a fiction. Iam sure u experienced it in real life. Hope u will get such a nice affection from her....

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

The passion and the power -- I love it!!

Jeevan said...

I find these days your post have no title.

Beautiful fancy poem buddy... :)

Alok said...

Tony: [laughing wolf] rest assured :) thank u for the concern (it was a work of fiction nonetheless with just a tinge of reality thrown in)

--------------------------------------

Kalai: thank u so much ... thanks for the wishes ... heartfelt

-------------------------------------

Andrew: Thank u so much sir ...

-----------------------------------

Jeevan: thank u my friend ... I found I spent more time on an appropriate title than on the whole piece and honestly it was pissing me off ... so I decided not to give any title :)


Alok

venuss66 said...

I like this post very much. It is so real. Good one. Take care alok.

Alok said...

Thank you Venus ... I too am a little biased towards this post ... dunno why ....


Alok

Janice Thomson said...

How passionate and romantic Alok...with a depth that only a lover could understand.

Ronak said...

If this is without experience then I dont know what would it be like then :)
All the best Alok !!!

annie said...

Kya baat hai! If i owned a publishing house...i wud have given u an offer write away to publish ur book. R u a Phd in English by any chance? Whts the secret behind those bombastic words..is it gmat/gre prep or whaaaaaa??????

annie said...

*right away

Alok said...

Janice: Thank you mam ... then we all have loved at some point of time in our lives :)

-------------------------------------

Ronak: With experience everything becomes mature ... i guess i would be more mature as well (emphsis on more) :)

-------------------------------------

Annie: thank u again ... i really have no secret seriously :)


Take care guys

Alok

Alok said...

i have changed the second last para in structure to make it a little better .. sorry for changing it after u guys read it ...tc


Alok

annie said...

U not divulging..too bad! how did u get this vocab.? bas itna sa toh poocha hai..

Alok said...

Annie, honestly I have no secrets ... I dont even know whether my vocab is good for there are so many times I struggle with words ... one of things tht I used to do during my school days was to jot down the words whose meaning I didnt know and go thru them each morning and try and use them in essays or poems etc ....

But you r kind ... I am not even sure whether my vocab is really good

Alok