Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mother I want but still don’t
to know what’s conspicuous,
Conscious of the surround
and the world egregious,
With morning would it seem
all is worth hollow and capricious.

.......

Mother will you still
love me the way you do,
Now that I am you
tomorrow with form
that would no longer
hold me to you.

Mother will I remember
the dreams of your eyes
and unhold penurious minds;
Will I live to be obsessed
with light and will you
name me for the sight.

....

Mother I will see the world
through my nascent dreams
borne with me and
revel in the light ....
wallow through blood and
await the moment to arrive.

……..

Mother my acquaintance
has been long for world
he who knows will abide; and
The laconic small fellow
will remember what you read
to him all this while.

10 comments:

Priya said...

That was daring one and beautiful Alok.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

"Mother will you still
love me the way you do,
Now that I am you
tomorrow with form
that would no longer
hold me to you."
This was my favorite part. So powerful! Thank you -

Alok said...

Priya: Thank u .. honestly there was no conscious attempt to be daring ...

-------------------------------------

Andrew: Thank you for ur kind words


Take care guys


Alok

Janice Thomson said...

I love this Alok - the structure, the powerful theme and the way the words flow so fluidly. Beautifully written my friend.

kalai said...

"Mother will I remember
the dreams of your eyes"

wow... excellent words Alok... felt like something saying to my mother....

Jeevan said...

Wonderful poem for Mother!

floots said...

"Mother I will remeber the dreams of your eyes"
beautiful - that says it all for me
thank you

Alok said...

Janice: Thank u so much for those lovely words ...

--------------------------------------

Kalai: Thank u that means a lot .. just go ahead and say what u wanted to say to ur mom ... dont hold it back

--------------------------------------

Jeevan: Thanks buddy appreciated

---------------------------------------

Floots: Thank you so much ...


Thank you guys

Take care

Alok

venuss66 said...

So much said. Very well written. Take care alok.

Alok said...

Thank u venus ...


Alok