Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just another minute

woke up this morning virtually pulling myself up. the alarm like an unforgettable past would not go off. i chided, screamed and failed. it would not stop. reminding me time and again. and i wanted to forget. sometimes even repress. but it would jump out. preterit night and a faint morning. Elliot comes to pass

The morning comes to consciousness
Of faint stale smells of beer
From the sawdust-trampled street
With all its muddy feet that press
To early coffee-stands.

nothing so inspiring. but reminded me of my unwilling steps to work. just as i wished for some more time, the clock ticked eight. i tucked under the cover for one more minute. but failed conscience had taken over now. so much i wished i had no mind. to just wander through. with no sense and conscience. just to be for some time. and the clock kept ticking away. defiantly. not listening. it had a mind of it's own. unequivocal. unrelated. unsympathetic. artificial but enduring. it will not let me live my last moment.

With the other masquerades
That time resumes,
One thinks of all the hands
That are raising dingy shades
In a thousand furnished rooms

No comments: