Sunday, May 27, 2007

Its a Sunday evening

Geological forecast of thunderstorm woke me today. Didn't realise I forgot to switch off the television the night before. I look out. A serene calmness greets me good morning at 1 PM. The maid will not be coming today. I decide to organize my disorganized life before getting on with it. I look at myself in the bathroom. The stubble has grown dispropotionately ugly. I don't bother to shave. A cup of hot brewing coffee is all that I need with laptop and television. The day goes by. It rained a little but no thunderstorm. The geological department didn't break their tradition. I keep on flicking the tv channels for some thing worth while to help me through with the time. An interesting movie is scheduled at 11 PM. Nothing in between. Friends are also not online. So it’s my computer and me again. The whole world in front of me. Time does pass by. Its 10 PM what am I am doing inside asking myself as if it is routinely different. For a change I decide to take a walk. My eyes searching for someone known in an unknown land. Suddenly out of the jamboree I ask myself who am I expecting to find. I know not anybody. Suddenly I see two Indian friends right at the corner with a beer in the hand. I could not help but a wry smile on my face. I hadn't even walked half a mile and decided enough is enough. I come back to the organized room of mine. It’s still the same. Who would have disturbed it? I look out of the window to the high rising buildings. Nothing looks familiar in the night. How could when even the day is a stranger. I light up a cigarette. Didn't I have had enough for the day? Oh! what the heck. I am my own. A sense of blackout with something going on the tv. I was thinking something...... the cigarette is burnt out even the coke is finished. I decide to write something but how could I with my limited vocabulary. Some noises outside the door. Could it be for me I waited unexpectedly. No, it's my neighbor, opening his door. Its 10.50 PM, 10 minutes from the movie I had been waiting for on a Sunday.

No comments: