Thursday, January 10, 2008

silent strokes of steeple bells
and halcyon balmy .. airy nights
even their euphony in -
(unpoetic verses
unryhtmic songs,
clamorous screams
settling affright,
brazen winds
longing deserts
and muted desires)
tells those tales
(of lissome oceans ...
and purling waves ......
of enameled touches -
and humbled prays)
of your small notes
and weaved letter,
and bucolic songs
of shepherdess and swain, -
of you and me
(and all of them); (today)
mirror speaks language same
entangled in single solitary twain ....

10 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Ahh you write the language of love so beautifully Alok.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I agree with Janice! :)

Inside our hands, outside our hearts said...

This piece reminds me of romeo and juilet. Not so much the storyline, but the way they versed in the movie. I love the language. It makes me swing in my hammock even on the coldest of nights and find comfort. Ahh. our romantic souls!

Lovely.

Tara

Keshi said...

I love the last 2 lines!

Keshi.

Ronak said...

Vaise jab bambai (chembur; right?) tumhare ghar pe mein mile the tab shayar ho yeh paata nahi tha.

Six Degrees of Separation connects us

Beautiful as always

Priya said...

Beautiful rhyming and so much love ther.

Jeevan said...

I agreed it was soothing, i love the sounds of steeple bells :)

Indrajit said...

master of words.....


splendid.....take my bow pls..

Alok said...

Thank you all for dropping by .. truly appreciated


Alok

aria said...

Lush and beautiful :)
where are you Alok?
Do take care and come back soon to enthrall your readers..