Monday, August 6, 2007

Rain

inseminated clouds, looms large over my head
as bleached sun slowly fades into oblivion,
insolent beads of raindrops, trickles down the leaf tops,
heralding winds caresses my skin, with bubbles drawing
their first impression on the placid lake, the hostile summer
bereaves the lost child as monsoon happily flutters by.

Rain has something magical about it, never failing to inspire, never tiring and ever reticent of hidden dreams. I have missed the best season back home in Mumbai, this year. The Monsoon. Even as I used to walk through the muddled water spread across several patches in the walkway of my colony, the slightest form of disappointment ever failed to crease my forehead; it instead filled me with childish exuberance. My bemired shoe, wet shirt and dripping hair all welcomed rain with an unknown ecstasy that is difficult to explain. If anything else, the loss of unpredictable, intermittent and ever always impregnated clouds, fills the heart with a taste of reminiscence. My friends have been telling me that it is raining quiet heavily back home this year and as I look at the barren clouds passing by from my apartment here in Hong Kong, I cannot but wish, if only for once, in a hurry or rush I could assume wings of air, fly for one day and then be back to work again on the next. But alas! seldom does reality know, it can shape no wings like those of dreams ....

19 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

You are so right Alok - there is something definitely magical and soothing about rain. Love your words and photo.

KAYLEE said...

I LOVE IT:

The Wandering Hermit said...

hard rain's gonna fall

nicely done

Unknown said...

inseminated clouds? Guess guys get lonely during those long flights ;)

Keshi said...

awesome post on beautiful rain!

Keshi.

aria said...

It has been raining here too.. and yes it never ceases to inspire.
beautiful words yet again :)

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

nice -- made me miss rain :)

Priya said...

Alok: Your description about rain is just beautiful. Who will miss the rain when you love to get drenched and play like a kid.

Raindrops are my favorite and brings great moments of past and present.

Lovely words...

laughingwolf said...

monsoons would not be welcome to me, but i do love thunderstorms...

nicely written, my friend

Annie Wicking said...

We've had a lot of that stuff here too.
But I don't think many people will be seeing it as something soothing as they watch their life's work floating out of their homes and down the streets that now have become rivers.

Best wishes
Annie

Alok said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by ...

appreciated

alok

delhidreams said...

this is,
wait,
is brilliant
it shines with the glow of rain smeared rays...
and the longing that is portrayed... i can equate it with the longing that i've, for rains, for light, for love

Alok said...

Adi ... thanx buddy ... tht was lovely

alok

Bla said...

Rain is poetry.

Alok said...

BLA, thats a beautiful comment. ty

btw my ex-boss was also known as BLA :)

alok

Anonymous said...

Rains and the monsoon are something very close to my heart. The very sound of the rain makes my heart dance and still I love to drench in the first rain of the season. It is really magical indeed...lovely words!

Alok said...

yes it is Kalyan!... the first rain fills me with a hidden desires and joy

ty

take care

alok

gP said...

Love rain posts anywhere its done. Simply great. I would love it if it rains everyday!

Here are my rain poems: http://humanuniverse.blogspot.com/2005/07/rain-book-1.html

Alok said...

breathtaking post Siva, loved ur rain poem ... thanx for sharing the link

alok