Saturday, June 30, 2007

Adieu boss ...

The following is the mail written to my ex-boss on his last day in office ......
___________________________________________________________________
Dear Satish,

Today being the last day for you in the organisation, I write this with a heavy heart of not seeing u again (in office) when I am back in Mumbai.

I sincerely hope and wish you do very well in all that you strive to do in future. I hope to see all your dreams come true.

I haven't told you enough but I should have, of you having been a great boss. I have enjoyed working with you for a number of reasons and above all of them for the sheer matter of fact that u r one of the nicest human being I have known and also for the sheer independence and support that you have provided me with over the last 18 months.

On my part I know I have been difficult at times and my sincere apologies for all the times when I have caused pain.

The greatest thing about you Satish, is you have taught me to survive. I remember when I had joined newly I was completely at loss of what was happening all around. I found you over the time non-pretentitious and letting me gain the foothold on my own. U don't realise how much that has influenced my professional life. I will always be grateful to you for that. (Your constant stress on "you should stand on your own two feet" still reverberates and is an inspiration).

I remember fondly of all my constant phrasing of "Satish, I need to speak to you for 10 minutes" and all the crap that I had to say for the next hour and half and how you listened with patience without judgement. I am grateful for giving me your time and being there when ever I wanted to speak to you.

And then there were several things that you did (and I am sure you wouldn't have even noticed that) which has made me learn all about team spirit, working professionally, to be precise and objective in work and always strive for excellence and not settle with mediocrity. Your constant endeavor to change the comments, the style of presentations etc had first taken a little resistance from me for its necessity and obscurity but I soon realised how important those suggestions were and I have tried to incorporate all of them in any further work that I did.

I will miss you Satish both as a colleague and as a person. It has been a roller coaster learning ride with you and this time I will say both personally and professionally and today when I look back I have enjoyed every moment and bit of it. THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING.

With warm regards to you and your family
Alok

PS: Pls stay in touch .....u hv my personal no. and my personal e-mail id is
alok.jha28@gmail.com

___________________________________________________________________
The following is what he wrote as his farewell message ....


Hi
It is exactly 6 years 7 months today that I started my journey with this phenomenal team, and as I use this email ID one last time I’m filled with reminiscence, of pride, of gratitude and of unadulterated affection.

In many ways these years have been more than exciting for me. I became part of a large family, I made friends with some incredibly warm people, been a close witness to exemplary leadership, and seen an organization grow from half a floor in BKC to this juggernaut.

I would like to use this melancholic moment to thank each one of you remarkable people who have partnered, supported and endeared me through this journey. It is difficult to name any individuals because when you work with such an invigorating team you don’t just remember people, you remember moments.

Its tough parting ways but all good things in life do come to an end. It is with a very heavy heart that I say Goodbye. I thank you again for being such wonderful people to share my work life with, and I move on with a lot of respect for all of you and a lot of friends for life, and would be honoured to stay in touch.

Best Regards
Satishwar

No comments: