Sunday, June 10, 2007

When your heart says ..... Good morning

Woke up this morning with a feeling of morning temple bells ringing through the under layers of my skin. I was greeted by a calmness that had eluded me for sometime (especially on a Sunday morning) like a peaceful slumber before a soccer world cup dream. Nervous anxiety and pensiveness had been replaced by one cry of Good Morning from within.

It had been raining here for sometime now. The sky crappers outside my window does not allow much viewing for sure like dust in the eyes, obscuring your vision, dizzy lousy sights. But the open sky was too big to be blocked. It was drizzling when I looked. The sky was black, pregnant with watery clouds, waiting impatiently and expectantly. The breathtaking Stratus Nimbus had blotted out the sun completely like a young amateur over-shadowing a professional on a golf course. Gray beautiful day. There was a sense of exuberance like a thousand waves hitting the course all at the same times. I instantly remembered William Wordsworth beautiful lines,
“I wondered lonely as a cloud,
The floats on high over the hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;”

Its amazing how poetry takes form of water in different moods. I remember when I had first read this poem in my school it signified a longing. Today it personified beauty, the beauty of daffodils, all at once in the glory.

I somehow started humming lines penned down by Gulzar. A song that had stayed with me from my college days, “Ek ekala is sehar mein, raat mein aur dopahar mein, abodana doondhta hai, ashiyana doondhta hai, Ek akela is sehar main”. The humming went on to revisiting the song and a loud chorus with my music system. New meanings were found each time for each word, for each line and for each meter.

And as I looked on to the street, there were lesser cars on roads and even fewer people all with their umbrellas. Interestingly all of them were black as if everyone was together in their thoughts like the pearls in the necklace, clinging on together, unified. I went on to make my first coffee of the day.

No comments: