Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fiasco

Every time something fails we hail the failure as fiasco. Expressions speak more than word. Do something wrong and the look is “Oh! It’s a fiasco”. Com’on give me a break. If everything was a fiasco then let’s make words like ‘wrong’ ,‘failure’ and etcetera redundant. Let them not exist so that we can redefine ‘fiasco’.

Fiasco is a wrong of mythical proportion. It’s not just a wrong. Fiasco is part of legend which I can narrate to my grandchildren and with them feeling, ‘thank God, it didn’t happen to me’. Yes fiasco is something you wish didn’t happen to you. Not silly mistakes which by their nature are silly and common. Mistakes that are part of life without which life itself would be so uninterested and unexciting. Imagine a world that’s all perfect and goody - goody. Let me understand my kids made a mistake …. It wasn’t debacle. Let my parents know it was my decision that went wrong. Let my friends know that they can be in my shoes too. Let my boss know that its part of job. Let’s not create fiasco over ado. Let’s just try to being human where to err is natural and not a fiasco.

No comments: