Saturday, March 8, 2008

(click on the photo to enlarge it)

To lisp in sighs I haven’t had the time, whose breath smells of the brazen wind and flutters the thread of my bare scalp, livid sometimes with my earliest words, in cold nocturnal nights, I the Child bear upon the signs of life a part of that is death and not otherwise

As my fingers weave a little dream
I dare not say whose path extreme
Dare say dare whose strings tremble
Of sheer tumult amidst flagrant ramble

I haven’t spoken of it for sometime now, whose lines crumble and shiver sometimes of sheer pain and sometimes naked wants, needs and deeds succinct, whose lines mark my open palm beside a cold knife’s accompaniment

I will write again and change some path, merge them perhaps or separate, I haven’t had thought of it yet but I know of knows I will leave behind when time shall come and I shall remind.

13 comments:

Priya said...

Its pretty powerful and loved the last few lines how u will change and merge to bring things on.

Janice Thomson said...

What an incredibly beautiful piece Alok. Your phrasing leaves me awestruck;
"As my fingers weave a little dream
I dare not say whose path extreme
Dare say dare whose strings tremble
Of sheer tumult amidst flagrant ramble"

And this one;
"whose lines mark my open palm beside a cold knife’s accompaniment"

Very powerfully constructed with deep reflective currents running through the whole piece
Excellent Alok, excellent!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

you have said so much in this and it flows so well. wonderful!
The picture is beautiful. Made me feel warm in this freezing night here. :)

floots said...

love the way in which the pic and poem interact
the river and the chaning emotions
thank you

Alok said...

Priya: thanks a ton buddy that was very encouraging

-------------------------------------

Janice: Bows ... thank u so much ... U made me feel on the top

--------------------------------------

Andrew: Thanks a lot .... Spring is just knocking the doors ...

---------------------------------------

Floots: I was just confused as to the colour that I can use to write on the pic (because of the lights) ... everything tht I chose did not have the desired effect. This was the best alternative though I realise that readability becomes an issue at the end of the pic ... thanks for connecting the piece with the pic ...


Thank u all, truly appreciated


Alok

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Nice one. Have been meaning to stop by. Best wishes, Don Iannone

Miladysa said...

Did you take the photograph Alok?

Wonderful - both words and image.

"I the Child bear upon the signs of life a part of that is death and not otherwise As my fingers weave a little dream"

Awesome :-D

Jeevan said...

beautiful background picture and the lines.

Alok said...

Don: Thanks for taking the time. Truly appreciated. I will be right over at ur site

------------------------------------

Miladysa: Thanks for that heart rendering comment. I did take the pic ... :)

--------------------------------------

Jeevan: As always much thanx


alok

Miladysa said...

I would love to see more of your photography Alok :-D

Alok said...

Miladysa: I will surely do that :)


Alok

aria said...

I loved the way it rhymed in the middle .. deeply moving words you write.. :)

Alok said...

Aria: You are most kind ... Thanks a lot


Alok